Complete Audiology Services Including Hearing Care, Hearing Tests, Hearing Aid Fitting and Tinnitus Treatment
Coastal Hearing Center is a comprehensive diagnostic audiology practice. We provide hearing tests for patients of all ages, including newborns and children and for both self-referred and physican-referred patients. Our hearing care services include not only hearing tests but also hearing aid fittings, counseling, reprogramming and repairs. Our audiologists are caring, experienced hearing health care providers that enjoy helping you hear better.
We provide a full range of comprehensive diagnostic testing using state of the art equipment to determine the degree and type of hearing loss, if any, that you may have:
- Middle Ear Assessment: Evaluates the status of the middle ear to help with the diagnosis of middle ear disease including infection, perforation, and eustachian tube dysfunction
- Pure Tone Testing: Determines the degree and type of hearing loss
- Speech Audiometry: Assessing ability to understand and comprehend speech
- Otoacoustic Emissions: An electrophysiologic test to measure the microscopic nerve endings of the inner ear
Your hearing health is important. If your hearing loss goes untreated for too long your brain may permanently lose its ability to interpret sounds and hear normally.
When you come in for your hearing test, our first step is to discuss any hearing concerns you may have. Then we look in your ears and perform a series of easy and painless tests to see what type of hearing loss you have, if any.
Rest assured, you may not have a hearing loss at all. Hearing issues can result from ears being impacted with wax. If this is the case, you will likely need only assistance to flush the wax away.
If we do determine that you have a hearing loss, we will talk with you about our findings and ask you more questions about your lifestyle and interests.
Why so much conversation about your hearing? It's one of the most important things audiologists can do for their patients to ensure that we identify the hearing solution that is right for you. People who live a quiet lifestyle, e.g., spending time watching TV and engaging in quiet hobbies such as woodworking or gardening, and have conversation primarily with their spouses or families in a household atmosphere are going to have very different listening needs than someone who spends a lot of time in restaurants or at sporting events. Asking questions helps us to identify the best possible hearing solution for your unique needs!
We specialize in Tinnitus Management. Often referred to as "ringing in the ears," tinnitus is the perception of sound when no external sound is present. Some people experience roaring, hissing, whistling, chirping, clicking or other noises. Where there is currently no known "cure" for tinnitus, there are solutions to help you with its symptoms. Click here to read more about tinnitus.
We specialize in advanced hearing aid technology featuring directional microphones. These user-friendly, self-adjusting devices, provide flexibility, increased comfort and understanding in noisy listening environments. Some are even Bluetooth compatible. The hearing aids can also be adjusted to accommodate any changes in hearing.
Hearing aid fittings are both a science and an art. Together as a team, we determine the proper hearing aids to accommodate your hearing loss and make adjustments to create the proper settings just for you.
- We offer most manufacturers and styles.
- Routine maintenance of your devices is a standard part of our after-care service program.
- We offer a wide range of hearing aid accessories and batteries that can be shipped directly to your home.
- Computerized analysis of hearing aids provides objective measures of hearing aid performance.
Whether you're new to hearing aids or are an experienced hearing aid user, we:
- Help you select the right instruments for your personal listening needs.
- Fit your hearing aids to each ear to ensure that you can hear clearly and wear them comfortably.
- Provide any adjustments in programming that you may need in the coming days, months and years as you get used to wearing them.
Hearing Aids are sophisticated and delicate instruments that need good care and regular maintenance to work properly. At Coastal Hearing Center, we:
- Check in with you to remind you when it's time to come back for your cleaning
- Provide an affordable, on-going maintenance program so that we can clean any accumulated moisture and earwax from your hearing aids and check them to make sure they are providing you with the best possible hearing clarity and comfort.
Making sure your hearing aids are properly cleaned and routinely checked will not only help you hear better but also extend the life of your hearing aids.
We also provide Custom Hearing Protection, Swim Molds, Custom Musician Earpieces and Assistive Listening Devices. Click the underlined links to learn more.
Hearing Aid Repair
Like many electronic devices, hearing instruments are sensitive to moisture and their circuitry may, on occasion, be in need of a little more maintenance than a routine cleaning. If your hearing aids do need repair, we can help. We are able to perform most repairs the same day as your visit. If we do need to send your hearing aids to their manufacturer for repair, we may be able to provide you with a set of loner hearing aids to help keep you connected with your friends and family until your hearing devices are expertly repaired.